No Products in the Cart
- Communication between artist and client is expected. Clients are expected to have a clear idea of what they wish to order before initiating communication (except in certain cases, for example: design commissions, artistic freedom commissions, etc).
- Artist will always be as prompt as possible responding to communication and give clear expectations up front to clients. Client is expected to reciprocate prompt and clear communication (as much as possible, emergencies/delays happen).
- Visual references are preferred but not required, other aspects (pose, mood, colors, etc) can be specified or left up to the artist’s discretion.
- Complex character/New character design fees may apply. Case-by-case basis, per hour. (Complex characters may include; multiple-limbs/heads, large wings, intricate markings, particular anatomy. New character designs may include; creating characters based on written descriptions, many misc. references to describe parts of the character, and/or being the first time the character has been drawn.)
- NSFW (mature/adult rated artwork) flat rate fees [i]always apply.[/i] Please read individual pricing.
- Artist reserves the right to terminate client interaction at any time and for any reason should the client break professional conduct or in the case of lack of communication. Some cancellations by the artist may result in refund/partial refund to client, please see “refunds/kill policies.”
- Artist reserves the right to decline any commission, without need for explanation.
- All commissioned work may be used by the artist for commercial purposes (prints, merchandise, advertising.) If a client specifies that they do not give their permission for commercial uses, they may be subject to a fee to purchase the rights themselves. This is a case-by-case basis, and will be discussed/agreement to be made between the artist and client.
- The artist does not claim ownership of any intellectual property (characters, etc) depicted in work done unless otherwise stated (for example: Intellectual property created by the artist and requested by the client). The artist does retain full rights to all images produced and may showcase art produced online and elsewhere. The artist may use images in portfolios, sketchbook collections, as commission examples, and all other forms of self-promotion. However, the artist will not sell prints or any other merchandise of individual pieces containing or depicting original characters without client’s permission.
- If a client wishes to remain anonymous, their name can be omitted from postings online. If a client wishes their art not to be posted online or otherwise shown, this can be arranged (for example: gifts, etc). Please note that clients wishing their works not to be posted must understand that they are also expressly forbidden to post or share the artwork they receive anywhere online. By doing so, they are clearly allowing the artist to post it themselves.
- Client is not entitled to receive a raw scan, .PSD, or any other file containing the layers of the work without extra payment. If payment is given to receive raw or PSD files, the client is not authorized to make changes to those files and post them (i.e. recoloring to other characters).
- Clients may never claim work done under this contract as their own, redistribute it, or use it for any external commercial project. Non-commercial projects (for example, making prints of commissioned art but not-for-profit) must be discussed with the artist beforehand to confirm no profit will come from the artist's work to the client.
- Watermarks or signatures, when present, are not to be removed, erased, cropped out, or shrunk too small to be easily readable. If an image must be cropped or shrunk (for use in a profile, avatar, background, etc) credit must be listed in a visible area in a readable font with appropriate link(s) included (i.e. on twitter credit may be given in the user's bio).
- I open commissions when I am able to handle the work within 1 week-3 months (expected deadlines are always communicated to clients, they vary by commission type) and the slots are first-come first-serve.
- Payment is required before ANY work begins. Any quote for $200 or under requires full payment before starting, any quote for work $200 and over requires 50% deposit (not including shipping) before the artist begins working on the sketch. If the client would like to pay only the deposit, please let the artist know beforehand as they do not mark invoices for partial payment automatically.
- Corrections can be made at the sketch stage. Small changes are free, the first large edit is free. After the first, editing fees will be applied. Small changes to the completed stage are also free, large edits to the completed stage (i.e. total redraw) may incur large fees up to paying for the entire commission again.
- WIPs can be provided at client’s request. Artist does not typically send more than the sketch WIP before completion unless requested.
- When finished, the artist will send the final artwork. If a client has paid 50% deposit, client will receive a watermarked version and be requested to send the rest of payment before an un-watermarked version is sent. If the client has already paid in full, the full-size version will be sent when the work is completed.
- Errors that are the artist's mistake (were present in your references and I missed them etc.) can be fixed free of charge even after commission has been completed. Ex: wrong eye color, forgot to add an item of apparel, etc. These errors will be fixed ASAP.
- Continuous messages, harassment, rudeness, or abuse will result in a cancellation of the commission with a refund minus payment for work completed (percentage will be based on artist's discretion) and client will also be blacklisted from any further commissions.
- Payment is conducted through PayPal, Invoice and in USD only. PayPal Link is paypal.me/kaylawold
- Please note I will send you an invoice or PayPal Link when discussing the commission with you over email or messenger so only use this link if you cannot find the link in our conversations. If you cannot or wish to not pay with PayPal, please let me know, and we can discuss an alternative method of payment.
- Please be mindful of conversion rates when sending payment.
- As of July/1/2020 a 5% GST tax will be applied with a clients invoice to all commissioned work.
- Clients may cancel at any time during the commission process. If a client wishes to cancel a commission after it has been started and before it is completed, for any reason, there will be a moderate kill fee for services already rendered.
- If only the sketch has been completed, the kill fee will be 25% of the full cost of the commission. If full or partial payment has been received, this fee will be deducted and the remainder will be refunded to the commissioner.
- If work has been completed to a point of 25-50%, the kill fee will amount to 50% of the full cost of the image. This fee will be deducted from the payment tendered, and the remainder will be refunded to the commissioner.
- Do not ask me to draw in someone else’s style or continuously request me to make changes that do not fall in line with the way I work.
- Do not provide me plagiarized reference images.
- Anyone under the age of 13 is strictly forbidden to contact me for any commission work.
- Anyone under the age of 18 is strictly forbidden to contact me for any commission involving ANY nudity, sexual content, or even suggestive content. By contacting me for any NSFW commission, you are expressly agreeing that you are over 18 years of age. Anyone under the age of 18 is, additionally, EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN to visit, interact with, or transmit my NSFW work and accounts in any way.
- Artist reserves the right to terminate client interaction if at any point there is reason to suspect that a client under the age of 18 has attempted to purchase NSFW art, including but not limited to: nudity, artistic or otherwise, sexually explicit imagery, fetish content, etc.
- If the client is unsure if their subject matter is unacceptable, contact the artist for discussion.
ToS are subject to change without notice. Revisions apply to commissions ordered after the most recent revision.
This Terms of Service is for Commissioners, and is separate from the shop policy.
Dec 5//2020 [contact info updated]
July 1/2020 [gst update]